- After weeks of non-stop rain, we’ve finally got a glimpse of sun. It’s time for playdates at the park, zoomies on the beach and sunbathing in the garden.
Here are our top tips for keeping your pooch cool in the heat - so that you can make the most of our short-lived British sunshine.
- Try making some frozen treats to give your pup when the temperature rises. Make some ice lollies by popping some Tuggs in a mould in the freezer, or fill a bowl with treats and water and pop it in the freezer for a cooling snack.
- Make sure that your dog always has access to cool, fresh water when it’s hot - you can even try popping a few ice cubes in for good measure!
Don’t go for walks when the sun’s at its hottest
- Make sure that you’re not taking your pooch out for walks when the sun’s at its hottest. Try going for a walk first thing in the morning, or later in the evening just before the sun sets.
Use a cool mat
- Try laying a cool mat down on the floor for your dog (or in the bottom of their bed if they’re not partial to the floor). If you don’t have a cool mat, try using a damp towel instead. Don’t place this on top of your dog though - this can trap the heat in!